Patient Info

What to expect of Physical & Occupational Therapy:

  • Physical & Occupational therapy consists of modalities (ultrasound, electrical stimulation, moist heat therapy, mechanical traction, Iontophoresis, paraffin, etc.) to reduce pain and swelling, and exercises to improve strength, flexibility and function.

  • You may experience increased symptoms after your initial visit, as your therapist had to poke and prod in order to evaluate you.

  • You will be given a home exercise program by your therapist to be completed daily, sometimes 2 or 3 times each day. Please try to make time for them, as they are essential to your recovery/improvement.
  • We request that you let us know when you’re scheduled to return to the doctor who referred you to physical therapy. We ask this because we need to re-evaluate and write a progress note for the doctor regarding your treatment, the progress you’ve made, and our suggestions for further treatment, testing, return to activity, etc.

  • Please keep us aware of any changes in your condition, such as changes in medicine, or symptoms greatly increasing or decreasing. Also, let us know if you have other medical conditions or change in these conditions that interfere with your ability to participate in physical & occupational therapy.

  • If you know you can’t make your physical & occupational therapy appointment, please call to reschedule your appointment. Missed treatments will delay your healing process and may lead to insurance verification problems. If your injury is work related, it is very important that you attend all physical & occupational therapy appointments because your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance has the right to deny coverage if you are non-compliant.

  • You can expect friendly, caring, objective, and professional care by all the members of our “Total Therapy” team. If at any time we can do anything to make your physical & occupational therapy experience more pleasant, please don’t hesitate to ask. Negative experiences or feelings can interfere with your healing process.

  • Please bring all questions and concerns to our attention; we will do our best to resolve them. It is important for us that you have a positive experience and come back for all your physical therapy needs.

  • Your Physical & Occupational Therapy experience and recovery will be what you make of it. Physical & Occupational Therapy is not just about coming to the clinic and getting a treatment; there must be carrying over into your everyday life. You are responsible for your own recovery. 20% of your recovery is what WE, as the Therapy Team, do. The other 80% is up to you!

All the best

 PRIME TIME PHYSICAL & OCUPATIONAL THERAPY

Phone: (502) 995 8844
Fax: (502) 995 8842

 

VOCIS, Providing Medical Transcription, Medical Billing, & Web Designing Services
VOCIS, Providing Medical Transcription, Medical Billing, & Web Designing Services Homepage Services Patient Info Appointment Links Contact Us